Rockville Covid-19 Testing
Highly qualified and experienced clinicians will attend to you. We have been offering services including preventive care, diagnosis, and medication for 30 common illnesses before the coronavirus outbreak.
We have made provisions for Covid-19 drive through testing in our Covid-19 testing centers.
Quick facts about Covid-19Coronavirus outbreak in many places in the raging second wave needs to be controlled by preventive measures and testing is part of them. Here are some quick facts about the coronavirus 2019 disease (Covid-19):
- Symptoms for Covid-19 can be observed after 2 -10 days of exposure.
- Prevention remains the best way to stay safe from coronavirus disease.
- Infected persons that show no symptoms can transmit the virus to other persons.
- Symptoms of Covid-19 include; cough, loss of taste or smell, fever, difficulty in breathing, sore throat, fatigue, diarrhea.
- Teeth Grinding (Bruxism)
How to stay safe
- Avoid close physical contact with people because the Coronavirus spreads from person to person.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, and mouth after staying in a public place or when your hands have not been washed.
- Wash your hands for at least 20 secs after leaving a public place.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a cloth when in public and cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- Test for Covid-19 to know your status and to prevent others from being infected.
Shady Grove Internal Medicine Cares!
Our preventive care services include testing for coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) in addition to our diagnosis, treatment, and prescribe medication for over 30 common illnesses./p>
Covid-19 testing at Shady Grove Internal Medicine includes the two prime testing methods. Namely; PCR Test and Antibody blood test.
To test for Covid-19, we first carry out a reverse transition (RT) to obtain a DNA, then PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction) is done to amplify the DNA. In this way, SARS-CoV-2 (Covid-19) can be detected because it is made up of RNA which is found in DNA.
This testing provides sufficient information to know one's status and it is a very important step in preventing the spread of the virus.
Antibody blood test
The antibody blood test is for those that show no symptoms of Covid-19. Such people can be carriers of the virus and it can spread from one person to another.
This is done using a sample of the patient’s blood to ascertain through an antibody test. It is only by testing that you can know if you had it and your body fought-off the virus or if you are still ill from it.
Testing for coronavirus at Shady Grove Internal Medicine takes some time because many people want to get tested and we have efficient processes in place to ensure that your testing is done in good time.
Covid-19 Drive Through Testing
We have made arrangements for a drive through testing where you can drive to a designated place at our centers and get tested while in your car. It is safe and well planned by our team so that everyone is tested.